Monday, December 2, 2013

Mulled Apple Cider

In order to preserve a burner for other uses, I made this cider in my slow cooker. Just turned it on high for an hour or so and then left it on low to keep the cider warm. I'm not a fan of the floaties, so in the future I think I'll try to put the little stuff in a thing for steeping tea or some cheesecloth or something.


Ingredients
  • 2 quarts apple cider (8 cups)
  • 4 strips lemon zest
  • 2 cinnamon sticks
  • 2 whole star anise (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon whole allspice berries
  • 1 teaspoon whole cloves

Directions
  1. In a large saucepan, bring cider, lemon zest, and spices to a boil; cover, and remove from heat. Let steep at least 20 minutes (or up to 4 hours). Ladle carefully into mugs, leaving most of the solids behind. 
Recipe and photo from Martha Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment