Sunday, June 1, 2014

Shrimp and Asparagus Salad

65732-roasted-asparagus-and-shrimp-salad_13

Wait for it . . . tonight I totally made something up. I am digging this cooking shiz. Tonight I opened my refrigerator and had asparagus that had been just cooked last night. Not cooked a lot. It was still crisp. And there was a tomato from the market. So I thawed about 9 cooked shrimp (always keep this in your freezer) and put the three ingredients together with a dressing inspired from earlier this week - 1/3 cup of mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, and a splash of vegetable broth. To that I added about a quarter teaspoon of dried basil leaves. I would have preferred it to be dill, but I didn't have that. Turned out to be scrumptious. It will be tomorrow's lunch. Beautiful and virtuous. Kind of like my own good self.

No comments:

Post a Comment