Thursday, August 22, 2013

Straightforward and Concentrated Margarita

A bit silly for those more experienced in cocktails, but this recipe solves two "problems" for me:
  1. I'm not very creative when it comes to thinking up drinks to order - it's either something on the menu or vodka + grapefruit (GREYHOUND) or cranberry juice. 
  2. I never really liked margaritas, which I finally deduced was due to the sour mix.
Image via epicurean.com

Equal parts-ish (1-1.5 oz, depending on the size or your shot glass):
  • - Patron (or a tequlia of your choosing)
    • Silver tequilas are supposedly superior to the regular stuff, at least among major brands in the US.
  • - Triple Sec
  • - Lime juice (fresh or from one of those plastic limes)
    • I've used key lime juice a few times, which gives it a nice kick.
Combine liquids and ice in a shaker. Shake. Pour over ice in a glass. Imbibe.

No comments:

Post a Comment