Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Scottish Baked Courgettes


Stuffed-Zucchini_article

I left Mike with a lot of leftover food when I left Scotland on Sunday. We had just had company for a couple of days and also had his mum and sister down and John and Hazel from down the street. I was worried that all that food would get wasted (you know how I hate wasting food). But Mike proved me wrong with this dish that he told me he made tonight that he just made up as he went along. I filled in the numbers for him. Let us know if any of them need to be corrected, Mike.

Ingredients:

3 courgettes (zucchini) halved, with pulp scooped out and chopped
1 small shallot finely chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 cup chopped ham
grated or crumbled cheese

Cook shallot and garlic for a couple of minutes. Add the chopped zucchini and cook for a couple of more minutes until the zucchini is cooked through and tender. Add the ham just long enough to warm it up.

Fill the empty zucchini shells with the mixture. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.

Bunger it (stick it) in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Liz, that's pretty much what I did. I used a little oil, and a small nub of butter to soften the shallot and garlic (both to taste) before adding the chopped zucchini. First time I did this, I used cream cheese, because it was also a leftover. That doesn't really work. I used cheddar tonight, but any hard cheese would do it. Good grating of pepper on the cheese also works for me.

    ReplyDelete