Sunday, April 19, 2015

Chicken and rosemary lentil traybake

I used the attached recipe as a base for the meal pictured below. 

The dish was enjoyable, but the recipe raised a few questions. Either the liquid volume or the timings seemed way out to me, but I'll make it again with adjustments. Despite giving everything extra time, the chicken skin was pale (which is fine, if you're not going to eat it, but I like it when it's crisp) and there was still a lot of liquid in the dish. This picture is of a re-heat, so the chicken looks a bit more the way I like it.





Not having red onions, I cut 2 small leeks into 1in pieces, used dried rosemary, a yellow pepper, and pressed some garlic, as it gives a stronger flavour than sliced. It was accompanied by baby potatoes. (They were Charlottes, Lizzie. I know you like to know :)

8 chicken thighs
  • 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
  • 2 pointed red peppers, deseeded and sliced into rings
  • 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  • 4 sprigs rosemary
  • 200g green lentils
  • 600ml chicken stock, made from cubes
  1. Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6. Make slashes in the skin of each chicken thigh, season and arrange in a large roasting dish. Roast for 10 minutes.
  2. Scatter the red onion, peppers, garlic and rosemary around the chicken and toss well to mix the different elements together.

    Incidentally, I'm going to try using the leftover stock and lentils as the base for a soup. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment