Sunday, April 5, 2015

Mediterranean Cod

I saw a glimpse of this dish in a TV ad for Sainsbury's supermarket, and I thought I'd have a look at it. Fish and seafood would probably be my first choice from any menu, but I don't cook it as often as I'd like.

Onyhoo, here's the original recipe.
https://www.homemadebyyou.co.uk/recipes/main-courses/mediterranean-cod

The fish I used was fresh hake, but any firm white fish would do fine.
 Sainsbury's were promoting their frozen produce, but whether the ingredients are or aren't frozen is neither here nor there.
Not having any of the frozen stuff, I managed to chop an onion and a pepper, mince three cloves of garlic, and open a can of chopped tomatoes. I didn't have any black olives either (Liz says a few chopped Kalamata would do the job) but to lift the sauce a wee bit, I added a small, chopped birds-eye chilli.


Ingredients

  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 100g frozen chopped onion
  • 1 tbsp frozen chopped garlic
  • 230g tin Italian chopped tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp tomato purée
  • 200g frozen mixed peppers
  • 400g pack frozen responsibly sourced skinless and boneless cod fillets
  • 50g pitted black olives
  • 1 tbsp frozen chopped parsley
  • 800g pack frozen microwaveable white rice  

No comments:

Post a Comment