Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


An NCC classic first posted by Caroline and enjoyed many times over. 


Thurston, a former foster cat. Photo credit: E. Evans
This may be the first recipe I commit to memory. 
It's very conducive to doubling (you can use up the entire can of pumpkin), and it makes a successful contribution to a bake sale. Not having kids, I didn't think I would need a bake sale go-to, but the cat rescue group with which I volunteer holds them. These cookies are guaranteed to bring happiness to all, two-legged and four. 


INGREDIENTS
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
½ cup canola oil
1 egg

2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt

1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp milk

1 Tbsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips


DIRECTIONS
1.    Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease cookie sheet.
2.    Combine in two bowls:
          -    Bowl 1: pumpkin, sugar, oil, egg
          -    Bowl 2: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt
3.    Combine baking soda and milk; stir into Bowl 1.
4.    Add dry ingredients (Bowl 2) to wet ingredients (Bowl 1) and mix.
5.    Add vanilla and mix.
6.    Add chocolate chips and mix.
7.    Drop spoonfuls of dough onto cooking sheet. Bake for approximately 10 minutes. (Note: I find that if my spoonfuls are much more than a tablespoon, it takes a solid 11 minutes to bake).

Recipe via My Baking Addiction

1 comment:

  1. I had forgotten about these!!! So good. I wonder if the cookie dough would freeze well, after Leigh suggested that I have become such a fan of that plan because a.) more times of making cookies without all the dishes and b.) it stops me from consuming an entire batch of cookies myself.

    ReplyDelete