Sunday, September 29, 2013

Coucous Paella

 Couscous Paella Soup Recipe

Meredith is my hero.  She's a lot of people's heroes.  I love how when she sets a goal for herself, nothing gets in her way.  I'm going to follow her lead and lose some weight.  Now!  She told me that being mindful of your caloric intake is very effective.  You don't realize until you start counting, just how many calories you're throwing in your mouth with "just a handful of that" or "just a slice of that."

So you might think it's a bit funny that I'm starting with a recipe that has chorizo in it.  It's a Spanish sausage, for anyone who might not know.  The first time I ate it, it was inside a pastry with cheese.  Now I can hardly say the word chorizo without drooling.  Somehow I managed to find healthy(?) chorizo recipes that are low in calories, but delightfully delicious.  I made this today and was very pleased.  Though, I have to say, sticking to one serving is a bit of a challenge.  It calls for serving it with couscous.  Due to an ingredient snafu, I ended up using quinoa instead.  In fact, a few weeks ago I had bought single serving quinoa already cooked and packaged.  Genius for packing a lunch or for cooking for one.

I followed the recipe pretty closely.  Didn't use saffron because I don't have any.  I cooked the chicken a bit before putting the broth in.  It was very simple and the tiny bits of chorizo add just the right zing.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/couscous_paella_soup.html

No comments:

Post a Comment