Monday, October 21, 2013

Curried Chicken Salad

Curried Chicken Salad with Apples and Raisins RecipeThe original photo that went along with this recipe (not shown here) was so unappealing I nearly didn't make it, just for that. However, my mother's admission that the sauce was so tasty she considered using it on her toothbrush left me intrigued. This recipe is amazing! In the interest of saving time, I use my food processor to "dice" the chicken. Amazing lunch. I eat it by itself but could be eaten on crackers or bread.

Ingredients:

6 slices bacon
3 cups diced cooked chicken breast meat
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped cucumber (original recipe calls for grapes)
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons red onion, minced (I leave this out)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon curry powder (or more)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine bacon, chicken, celery, and cucumber.
3. Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together the mayonnaise, onion, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, curry and salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss well.


Adapted from Allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment