Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits

This cat also steals hamburgers.
Photo Credit: E.Evans

These are so good, even one of my cats had to see what the fuss was about. One time, I left some to cool in a partially covered container. When I went to put them away, it seemed as though one was missing. But I hadn't made an official count, so I didn't think any more of it. Two days later I found the missing biscuit under the dining room table. Don't worry, I didn't eat it ;) 


INGREDIENTS
  •  4 Tbsp butter
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tsp dried parsley*
  • 2 cups Bisquick OR
      • 2 cups flour
      • 1 Tbsp baking powder
      • 1 tsp salt
      • 2 2/3 Tbsp butter
      • Blend dry ingredients, cut in butter with pastry blender
  • 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese
  • 2/3 cup nonfat milk

 * The original recipe called for 2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley, but I find it difficult to chop it up finely enough to distribute evenly among the biscuits.


DIRECTIONS

1.    Preheat oven to 400. Spray baking sheet.
2.    Combine biscuit mix, cheddar cheese, 1 clove garlic. Stir in milk and mix.
3.    Form small balls (the mix will be somewhat crumbly) and place on baking sheet (makes ~12 biscuits).
4.    Bake for 10 minutes.
5.    At ~7 minute mark, melt butter, add 1 clove garlic, and sauté on low heat for ~1 min. Remove from heat and stir in parsley.*
6.    Drizzle butter mix over biscuits and bake for an additional five minutes.

* I find that if I melt the butter too soon, it tends to congeal/be soaked up by the parsley/garlic, and I don’t have enough for all the biscuits.

Biscuit recipe via Skinnytaste
Bisquick substitute via Unsophisticook

No comments:

Post a Comment