Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Turkey, Mozzarella & Basil Wrap



I had to reach way back into the NCC history to find this one. First tried by Jenny she had these comments:

"I made the Turkey, Mozzarella and Basil Wraps for our lunches today.

The recipe doesn't say what kind of turkey to use, so I opted for the healthier version and roasted a turkey breast to bypass all the sodium. I also substituted whole milk mozzarella because that's what I keep on hand. Sensing the base recipe to be somewhat bland and dry, I added some garlic and my basil to a little bit of mayonnaise. Oh, and I also added a slice of avocado.

With what we now considered to be worthy wraps, Ted and I left for work feeling very excited for our lunches.

Ted reported back that it indeed was yummy, but lacked just a pinch of salt.

I, too, thought it lacked that pinch, but I also found it too dry for my taste. I remain happy with the amount of mayo used, but think a tomato slice might have solved the moisture problem.

This recipe is a good start, but think with a slight makeover it could make a great wrap and still be healthy. As I have a bountiful amount of basil in my garden, I will do this wrap again with my above noted additions along with a slice of red onions and that tomato."

I made this for dinner last night with some of Jenny's suggestions and LOVED it.

Ingredients
  • 2 small(6-inch) whole-grain tortillas
  • 3 ounces turkey
  • 1 1-ounce slice part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
  • 2 slices tomato
  • 1/2 tsp garlic mixed with 1 Tbs mayonaisse and a dash of salt
  • Optional additions: avocado, red onion

Preparation
  1. Fill tortillas, wrap, and enjoy.
Modified from Recipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment